WINDING UP THE ESTATE OF A LOVED ONE.
Winding up the Estate of a loved one can be an emotional, time-consuming and burdensome process. It is a time fraught with legal, financial and procedural hurdles.
Problems you may face with the passing of a loved one:
LAST WILL & TESTAMENT
- They did not leave a Will.
- They left a Will and nominated you as Executor.
- They left a Will and someone you know has been nominated as the Executor.
THE ESTATE ADMINISTRATION PROCESS
- Meet with the family
- Obtain a letter of Executorship
- Place an advert in the newspapers
- Draft the liquidation and distribution account
- Meet with the family to discuss the account
- Await account acceptance from the Master of the High Court
- Await taxes, transfer and collections
- Final distributions
GET IN TOUCH
FIND OUT MORE HERE